Winter Thyme Seeds
Winter Thyme Seeds - Aromatic and Flavorful Perennial Herb for Your Garden
Grow your aromatic winter thyme with our high-quality seeds, perfect for enhancing your favorite dishes. With a maturity of 90-95 days, this versatile herb is ideal for gardens of any size. Experience the joy of fresh, homegrown winter thyme!
We are introducing our Winter Thyme Seeds - the perfect addition to your herb garden! This indispensable kitchen herb is a small, bushy perennial shrub that grows up to 15" tall and thrives in various climates. With multiple stems adorned with tiny silver-green aromatic leaves and delicate white to pale purple flowers, winter thyme adds beauty and flavor to your garden.
- Sow winter thyme seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost or directly outdoors in early spring.
- Place seeds on well-draining, fertile soil and lightly cover with soil or fine vermiculite.
- Keep the soil moist but not waterlogged, maintaining a temperature of 65-70°F (18-21°C) for optimal germination.
- Seeds should germinate within 14-21 days.
- Once seedlings have at least two sets of true leaves, transplant them outdoors in a sunny location with well-draining soil. Space plants 9-12 inches apart.
- Winter thyme prefers slightly alkaline soil with a pH of 6.5-7.5. Add lime or wood ash to the soil if needed.
- Water regularly, allowing the soil to dry slightly between waterings. Avoid overwatering, as thyme is susceptible to root rot.
- Fertilize sparingly, as excessive nutrients can diminish the flavor of the herb.
- Prune the plant regularly to promote bushy growth and prevent legginess.
- Begin harvesting winter thyme when the plant has reached 6-8 inches in height.
- Harvest leaves and stems in the morning after the dew has dried for the best flavor.
- Snip off the top one-third of the plant, ensuring not to remove more than one-third at a time to prevent stressing the plant.
- The whole plant - leaves, stems, and flowering tops - can be used fresh or dried to flavor various dishes, including soups, stews, roasts, and sauces.
Elevate your culinary creations with homegrown winter thyme's delightful taste and aroma. Order your Winter Thyme Seeds today and experience the satisfaction of growing your flavorful herbs!